- Active learners understand and remember information best by applying the information or discussing and explaining with others.
- Active learners usually prefer group work over working alone.
- Active learners may find it hard to sit through lectures where they are unable to do anything physical, other than taking notes.
How active learners can help themselves
- Study in a group in which you explain topics to each other.
- Try to do something with the information you are studying, for example working with others to guess what you will be asked on the next test and how you will answer.